Celebrate Express Inc. Recalls Gigantic Gemstone Ring Party Favors Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard
Staff -- Kids Today, 11/1/2006 12:00:00 AM
The following product safety recall was voluntarily conducted by the firm in cooperation with the CPSC. Consumers should stop using the product immediately unless otherwise instructed
Name of product: Gigantic Gemstone Ring
Units: About 194,000 rings
Distributor/Importer: Celebrate Express Inc., of Kirkland, Wash.
Hazard: The recalled rings could contain high levels of lead . Lead is toxic if ingested by young children and can cause adverse health effects.
Incidents/Injuries: No injuries or incidents have been reported.
Description: The recalled children’s Gigantic Gemstone Ring toy is a silver-colored metallic ring with a large plastic gemstone. The gemstone colors include: blue, red, purple, green and clear. The rings were sold individually and as part of various party favor, costume and heirloom sets.
Sold at: Celebrate Express’ Birthday Express, Costume Express and Storybook Heirloom Web sites and catalogs, and at the Birthday Express retail outlet store located in Kirkland, Wash. The recalled products were sold from October 2003 through October 2006 for about $1.50.
Manufactured in: China
Remedy: Consumers should take the recalled party favors away from children immediately and contact the company for a refund. Celebrate Express has directly contacted purchasers of the products by mail.
Consumer Contact: Call Celebrate Express at (888) 551-3995 between 4:30 a.m. and 10 p.m. PT Monday through Friday, or visit the firm’s Web site at www.celebrateexpress.com
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...