Jim Henson Co. to expand String Doll Gang line
Signs license with Kamibashi Corp.
-- Kids Today, 5/14/2009 7:37:00 AM
|The String Doll Gang, from The Jim Henson Co., will expand to include products like large dolls, furniture, accessories and apparel through a license with and Kamibashi Corp.|
HOLLYWOOD – The HUB, a newly-formed division at The Jim Henson Company responsible for licensing products for third party properties, has signed on with Kamibashi Corporation based in Asheville, N.C. to act as an exclusive licensing agent for The String Doll Gang, a band of kooky characters in the form of handmade string figures, each with his or her own special power that is always positive and helpful.
The String Doll Gang has been growing steadily since its North American debut in May 2005, to now include over 50 unique characters. The HUB, led by Melissa Segal, senior vice president of global consumer products, will be securing licensees for The String Doll Gang for larger scale dolls, apparel, accessories, home furnishings, stationary, gifts, crafts, personal care, publishing, and video games.
Additionally, The Jim Henson Company will also be looking to develop the franchise as an entertainment property for features, television and new media.
“The HUB is a perfect licensing agency partner for Kamibashi because of The Jim Henson Company’s long history of creating and developing dynamic characters across all platforms whether it be entertainment or consumer products”, said Segal. “The String Doll Gang has become an international sensation and is in over 1,000 US retail stores. The brand lends itself perfectly to an expanded universe of products for all ages and will only continue to rise in popularity.”
Each unique doll from The String Doll Gang collection comes with a woven fabric tag that won’t rip or wrinkle. The characters’ names appear on the front of the tag, and their special powers are described on the back. String Dolls currently retail for $10 each.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...