NYIGF changes location, show dates for Baby & Child segment
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 6/26/2012 11:08:58 AM
NEW YORK —The New York International Gift Fair is moving the location of the Baby & Child division for the upcoming market in an effort to increase the synergy between related show categories, the market said.
The Baby & Gift segment is moving to Hall 1D at the Javits Convention Center, and the area will be open Sunday through Wednesday at the summer show, which runs Aug. 18-22. The new location is next to the General Gift section.
"The division's new adjacency to NYIGF's General Gift division will make it easier and more efficient for retailers to source and shop related product categories," said Randi Mohr, Baby & Child sales manager.
The Baby & Child section has about 180 exhibitors, including 30 first-time exhibitors, offering products for children up to 10 years old. Covered categories include arts and crafts, clothing and accessories, diaper bags, gear accessories, layette, plush, bedding and blankets.
The Baby & Child Best New Products Awards will honor innovative product in four categories - gear, décor, toys and apparel - as judged by a panel of editors from trade publications and blogs. One product will also be named Blogger's Best.
Several events and seminars are planned during the show including a session presented by Neal Cohen, Small Business Ombudsman at the Consumer Product Safety Commission. In the session set for 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. Tuesday, Aug. 21, Cohen will give an overview on how to comply with safety requirements for children's products and the rights and responsibilities of manufacturers, distributors and retailers. Tickets are $25 on site or $20 with advanced purchases made online. Kids Today is sponsoring the seminar.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...