Peg Perego recalls 223,000 older model strollers
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 7/31/2012 11:29:33 AM
Peg Perego has recalled about 223,000 strollers because of the risk of entrapment and strangulation.
The recall involves older versions of the Venezia and Pliko-P3 strollers, which were made between January 2004 and September 2007 and sold until September 2010. The recalled strollers have a tray with one cup holder. Strollers with a bumper bar or a tray with two cup holders are not recalled.
The hazard can occur when an unbuckled child slides down and passes through the opening between the stroller tray and the seat bottom. The head and neck can become entrapped by the tray. A 6-month-old boy died of strangulation in 2004, and another infant was nearly strangled in 2006. The strollers were manufactured prior to the current standard, which requires a larger opening between the tray and seat bottom.
A list of recalled model numbers can be found here. Consumers should stop using the strollers and contact Peg Perego at (888) 734-6020 or www.pegperegousa.com for a free repair kit.
Because these are older strollers, Peg Perego and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission say that these strollers may be in the secondhand market, in thrift and consignment stores or at yard sales. The recalled strollers should not be bought or sold until the repair kit is installed.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...