Toys "R" Us donates $500,000 for Sandy relief
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 11/5/2012 4:50:47 PM
The Toys "R" Us Children's Fund has donated $500,000 to Save the Children, a humanitarian charity that is providing help to families and children in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy.
The funds, given by the public charity affiliated with Toys "R" Us, will help Save the Children distribute needed items such as diapers, baby wipes and hygiene kits.
The storm affected several Toys "R" Us locations, including stores, distribution centers and the company's headquarters in Wayne, N.J. The retailer said last week that some stores that had reopened would have extended hours to assist families trying to replenish necessities.
Toys "R" Us added that consumers and employees wishing to assist with relief efforts could donate to the Hurricane Sandy Children in Emergency Fund at savethechildren.org.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...