Britax recalls convertible seats over choking concerns
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 11/6/2012 11:03:36 AM
Britax is voluntarily recalling some of its convertible car seats after reports that some children have bitten off small pieces of the harness chest pad, causing a choking hazard.
The affected seats are selected Boulevard 70-G3, Pavilion 70-G3 and Advocate 70-G3 convertible car seats in the United States and the Boulevard 65-G3, Pavilion 65-G3 and Advocate 65-G3 convertible car seats in Canada manufactured between June 1, 2012, and Aug. 31, 2012. Affected model numbers can be found here.
The convertible seats feature HUGS (Harness Ultra-Guard System) chest pads that are attached to the seat shell to ensure proper positioning and offer resistance to forward movement in a crash, Britax said. On the recalled seats, the harness system has pads made with a pliable, non-toxic material that is designed for increased performance and comfort. Britax has received reports that some infants and children have chewed and bitten the pads, breaking off small pieces that can lead to choking.
Britax is offering a repair kit that includes two HUGS pads made from a firmer material that will not break apart when bitten or chewed. Parents with recalled seats can contact Britax at 1 (888) 427-4829 or visit www.britaxusa.com/registration or www.britax.ca/registration.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...