Toys "R" Us to open at 8 p.m. Thanksgiving
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 11/12/2012 4:36:42 PM
Toys "R" Us is planning to get a jump on Black Friday shopping by opening stores at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving, an hour earlier than last year.
The retailer's weekend circular will be in the Thanksgiving editions of newspapers, with 200 "doorbuster" items planned. And the first 200 customers in line at each store on Thanksgiving will receive a bag of stocking stuffer items worth about $30 total.
"Among the many Thanksgiving Day rituals is setting aside time for families to circle the must-have gifts and coveted doorbusters that appear in the Toys "R" Us Black Friday circular," said Peter Reiner, senior vice president of marketing for Toys "R" Us, U.S. "Our customers love the thrill of Black Friday shopping and equally enjoy getting an early start on their search for the best deals. All season long we've worked hard to provide our customers with additional ways to shop and save, and now we're excited to open Toys "R" Us stores across the country at 8 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening to help start their weekend of holiday shopping off right when visiting us for all their hot toy needs."
That's unfortunate. It's sad to see industry leaders like Toys R Us, losing sight of what Thanksgiving should represent. It's a time to be with family and friends with thanksfulness and a giving spirit. Black Friday is bad enough already.Pockets Alvarez - 2012-11-13 21:45:28 EST
- May 29, 2012
- Nov 16, 2010
- Sep 21, 2010
- Feb 15, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...