Charities receive donations from Monkeez Makes a Difference group
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 12/4/2012 1:47:33 PM
Monkeez Makes a Difference, an educational and charitable program for children, recently donated a total of $46,311 to its three partner charities.
Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Samaritan's Purse and Best Friends Animal Society each received $15,437.33, the first donation from Monkeez Makes A Difference, which launched in July.
The program was created to teach children the importance of helping others through Genuine Monkeez and Friends plush characters, online games and Do Good challenge trading cards. A donation of 10% of the wholesale price is made on behalf of the child to the partner charity of his or her choosing.
The program, which is backed by MVP Group International, manufacturer and distributor of home fragrances and candles, was created by Chrysti Carole Propes, a former teacher, children's book author and writer of educational apps. Propes, a mother of two, said she based the program on research that says it's never too early to teach children to think of others and children should learn about various causes and make their own decisions about what to support.
"We are thrilled at the participation in Monkeez Makes a Difference and thank our retail partners for making these donations possible by carrying the Genuine Monkeez & Friends products in their stores. We're honored to make these donations to our esteemed charity partners on behalf of retailers and children across the country," Propes said. "The level of activity in our initial months of operation exceeded our expectations and reinforces our belief that children really can make a difference, learn about helping others and have fun all at the same time. As the holidays approach, we expect to see even more participation as parents and grandparents look for unique ways to talk with children about the lifelong lessons of philanthropy. And the Monkeez products are fully stocked with immediate shipping available in time for retailers who are looking for gifts that keep on giving back long after the holiday season."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...