Toy consulting firm honors ASTRA's Kathleen McHugh
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 12/20/2012 4:15:25 PM
Kathleen McHugh, president of the American Specialty Toy Retailing Assn., has been named Person of the Year by Global Toy News, a publication of industry resource Global Toy Experts.
The firm said the award recognizes McHugh's role in nearly quadrupling ASTRA's membership over the past 10 years and expanding consumer-targeted marketing initiatives that support locally owned independent toy stores. Also under McHugh, attendance at ASTRA's annual conference, Marketplace & Academy, has increased 15% to 20% a year during the past five years in spite of the economy. The event is now the largest specialty toy trade show in the industry, ASTRA said.
"Kathleen McHugh has made significant contributions to the toy industry by keeping a laser focus on the business needs of independent toy retailers, specialty toy manufacturers and sales reps," said Richard Gottlieb, CEO of Global Toy Experts and editor of Global Toy News. "Kathleen's collaborative style and keen eye for the ultimate goal have provided the toy industry with a vital organization that creates revenue for companies, jobs for employees and unique toys for children of all ages."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...