KHF Holdings donates 90 beds to area children
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 12/20/2012 4:29:01 PM
KHF Holdings, the licensee of five Ashley Furniture HomeStores, has donated twin mattresses and related items to 90 needy children, with many of the sets delivered in advance of Christmas.
The retailer is making the donations as part of the national A Hope to Dream program, which aims to provide needy children with a twin mattress to promote good sleep.
For every mattress sold in its stores in the Louisville and Indianapolis areas, KHF Holdings donates $5. As of December, the company was $8,915 over its fundraising goal, and since adopting the program in November 2011, had provided mattresses to 137 local children.
Talon Logistics Network, based in Sellersburg, Ind., assists with delivery of the bed sets.
"I am so excited that we were able to help so many children this time around, especially this close to Christmas," said Katie Uttich, marketing manager for KHF Holdings. "Every child deserves a safe place to sleep at night and to be able to tie in such a great program with products we provide people every day really makes everything we do as a company worthwhile. We could not have helped so many children without generous support from our local vendors and our great customers."
The next mattress giveaway is set for March and April.
We would love your feedback!
- Sep 23, 2013
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...