Young America launches social media-based contest
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 1/8/2013 1:46:30 PM
Young America has launched a contest that gives savvy consumers a chance to win furniture via social media platforms.
The contest, "Where is Young America?," uses Facebook and Pinterest to create an online competition where consumers earn points when they post images of Young America furniture. The consumer with the most points at the end of the contest will win a bedroom set that includes either a crib or bed and a dresser and mirror. Second- and third-place winners will receive Young America gift cards valued at $750 and $500, respectively.
"Many Young America customers are young, tech-savvy parents who actively research and shop for products online," said Neil MacKenzie, director of marketing for Stanley Furniture, the parent company of Young America. "The ‘Where is Young America?' contest gives us the opportunity to engage with these parents where they are - whether they are looking for design inspiration on Pinterest or soliciting product recommendations from their Facebook friends. While one of our key goals for the promotion is to increase awareness of Young America among this specific online audience, we made sure to structure the contest with our retail partners in mind as well. Because entrants are rewarded for posting images of Young America furniture in real-life scenarios, we believe the promotion will cross from online to in-store, with consumers visiting retailers to take photos of Young America products."
The contest, which runs through Feb. 15, requires consumers to first "like" Young America's page at www.facebook.com/youngamerica. Consumers then need to create a Pinterest board titled "Where is Young America?" and share the URL via a form on the manufacturer's Facebook page. Each week, Young America will choose two categories and entrants may pin up to three images per category. Each pin from a website is worth five points, however, entrants can earn 15 points by pinning a photo from a "real world" situation, such as images from a home or store. Entrants can also gain points by having friends "like" their board or images. Complete details are available on Young America's Facebook page.
The contest coincides with the Young America Winter Sale, which takes place Jan. 14-29.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...