Monkeez Makes a Difference characters to debut at Atlanta gift market
Program also makes second round of donations to charities
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 1/8/2013 1:51:29 PM
The group's line of sock-money characters and toys will expand to include 10 new knit and mini plush characters and eight pet toys. The knit characters are made of acrylic yarn and have magnets in their paws. Items in the line, which include a penguin, polar bear, green monkey, flamingo and small parrot, will retail for $19.99. The plush line features a parrot, lion, polar bear, pig and flamingo, each retailing for $7.99.
The new introductions also include a variety of polyester pet toys with a percentage of those sales donated to the Best Friends Animal Society.
The Monkeez Makes a Difference brand was created to teach children the importance of helping others through characters, online games and Do Good challenge trading cards. A donation of 10% of the wholesale price is made on behalf of the child to the partner charity of his or her choosing - Alex's Lemonade Stand Foundation, Samaritan's Purse or Best Friends Animal Society
The program, which is backed by MVP Group International, manufacturer and distributor of home fragrances and candles, was created by Chrysti Carole Propes, a former teacher, children's book author and writer of educational apps.
"The reaction from independent retailers since the program launched has been overwhelmingly positive," Propes said. "With their support, we have been thrilled with the program's impact so far. We are excited to offer these 18 new products to independent retailers, which make the perfect gifts for any occasion, and continue this lesson of giving back while having fun for families and children across the country."
The program recently made a second round of donations to its three charity partners, totaling $19,847.75. Since launching this past June, Monkeez Makes a Difference has donated more than $67,000 to the organizations.
The Monkeez Makes a Difference program is also showing at the upcoming gift markets in Dallas and Las Vegas as well as Toy Fair in February.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...