Delta, K.I.D.S. to kick off Safe Sleep campaign with crib donation
Kids Today Staff -- Kids Today, 2/5/2013 11:13:55 AM
Furniture and gear source Delta Children and the nonprofit charity Kids in Distressed Situations plan to donate 200 cribs to families this week while launching its national Safe Sleep campaign.
The campaign is designed to educate parents and other caregivers of young children about safe sleeping conditions and provide new cribs that meet current safety standards. On Thursday, Feb. 7, 200 cribs, valued at $60,000, will be donated to the charity Baby Buggy at its Children's Institute site in Los Angeles. A Safe Sleep demonstration will also take place. K.I.D.S., on behalf of Delta and Baby Buggy, will distribute the cribs to needy families in the Los Angeles area.
"Delta Children was founded by my father, Louis Shamie. We are carrying on the tradition started by him to give and to give generously," said Joseph Shamie, co-president of Delta. "These cribs will help less fortunate parents provide safe environments, while educating them on the importance of safe sleep."
Chris Blake, interim president of K.I.D.S, said working with Delta to create the Safe Sleep campaign has been exciting.
"More than giving safe products, this program will help create safe environments and instill safe habits," Blake said. "For our Los Angeles event, we have the utmost confidence in Baby Buggy to get these cribs to the families that need them most."
Baby Buggy, founded by Jessica Seinfeld, helps provide essential products, clothing and educational services to needy families.
"The safety and comfort of a reliable crib is extremely important to any parent with young children," Seinfeld said. "Delta's donation will help reassure thousands of parents in our network that their children are sleeping in the safest environment they can provide."
We would love your feedback!
- Dec 11, 2012
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...