Toys 'R' Us CEO Gerald Storch resigns
Playthings Staff Report -- Kids Today, 2/15/2013 2:11:11 PM
Toys ‘R' Us' Gerald Storch has announced that he will step down from his post as CEO of the retail giant. He will, however, continue to serve as chairman of the board.
The retailer will search for a successor with Storch remaining as CEO during the transition period.
Storch, who joined TRU in 2006, said he would step down on Wednesday, just days after the retailer announced disappointing holiday sales. During his time with TRU, Storch was responsible for taking over the Toysrus.com website and purchasing Toys.com, KB Toys and the FAO Schwarz toy store chain.
As chairman of the board, Storch will continue to provide strategic guidance and play a key role in its growth initiatives, according to a statement by TRU.
"I am incredibly proud of what we have accomplished together over the past seven years," said Storch in a statement. "The Toys ‘R' Us brand is stronger than ever due to the hard work and dedication of our talented team around the world. Looking to the future, we will always ‘Play to Win.' "
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...